Preview of the subtitles in realtime or in design time, spell checking, translation mode and styles editing are some of the main features.
Here are some key features of "Jubler":
· It supports Advanced SubStation, SubStation Alpha, SubRip. SubViewer (1 and 2), MicroDVD, MPL2 and Spruce DVD Maestro file formats, although it is easy to extend it to support other file types.
· All encodings supported by Java platform are also supported here (like UTF-8). The user is able to select a list of preferred encodings in order to load the localized subtitle files.
· GUI internationalization support through gettext utilities.
· Styles are supported (when saving in SubStation formats). These styles are specific per subtitle or per character.
· Translating mode (parent & child editors) is supported
· Graphical preview of the subtitles using the FFMPEG library. Current frame, waveform preview and waveform listening is supported.
· Graphically display of subtitles, which can be moved and resized.
· Test and play the subtitles file using a video player (mplayer). While in playing mode the user is able to freely edit the subtitles (and inform the player for this change), add a new subtitle in real time or synchronize subtitles with the movie
· Mark subtitles with different colors, either when editing or real time when playing the video
· Spell checking, with support for dictionary selection
· Easy installation for Mac, Linux & Windows platforms and a generic installer for all other platforms (without FFMPEG support)
· Auto update feature
· Latest version of JRE
· MPlayer to view subtitles
· ASpell to spell-check the subtitles
- Jubler 4.0  |
- Jubler 3.9.6  |
- Jubler 3.9.5  |
- Jubler 3.0.0 RC1  |